Monday, March 30, 2009

Julie Wageman Chicken cassarole

Okay, so it's a silly name, but my husband won't let me rename it! Julie brought this to me right after I had Kaylie, and I LOVED it! It took a year and a half for me to get the recipe, but now it's a regular on our menu! Enjoy!

1 can each of French Onion soup
Cream of Celery
Cream of Mushroom
Cream of Chicken
3-4 cups of rice...cooked and cooled
1 cup margarine or butter (I used only half a cup of butter, and it turned out great!)
4-6 chicken breasts, not cooked

Mix all of the soups together, and pour 1/2 of it on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, set aside. Pour the rice over the soup mix; melt the butter and pour that over the rice. Lay the uncooked chicken on the rice, and cover with the rest of the soup mix.

Cook at 250 for 3-4 hours. Goes great with steamed broccoli, green beans, or asparagus! So sorry I don't have a picture of it! But it's so yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this. I am always looking for yummy casserole recipes. It looks very easy too. THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete